A mouthwatering shredded beef chili recipe that is so easy to make and absolutely delicious! Perfect for the cooler weather, so comforting!
Before I go into detail about this scrumptious chili, I have a small story that I would love to share with you all. It’s not too long and then we can get back to shredded beef chili talk.
The other day I ordered a couple of things off of Amazon that we needed, I order a lot of things from Amazon because you cannot beat their prices, well some of them. Well…I am a huge chocolate lover and I stumbled across this raw cacao powder and knew I wanted to try it. The thing is, I thought I was ordering raw cacao nibs and not powder! I am now stuck with two huge things of cacao powder. Be on the lookout for chocolate in everything now. 😉
Now we usually go through a lot of cocoa powder, but not this much. I have been trying to brainstorm some ideas on how to use all of this cacao powder. The hubs always makes a thing he calls a chocolate latte. Now it’s mostly sugar, sugar and some more sugar with a pinch of coffee and a little bit of cocoa powder. I dedicated to try it and oh, my, goodness, that chocolate latte was not good. Maybe it’s all of the sugar he adds. I just love plain coffee with a little bit of coconut milk.
Anyways, have you ever tried making a homemade chocolate latte before? If so, please share, I would love to make a delicious one!
Okay, let’s get back to the beef chili talk. I might be a little strange because I have never had shredded beef in my chili before, just ground beef and no meat. I have to tell you, this stuff is amazing in chili.
The night before I made this big batch of chili, I made a 3 pound round roast in the slow cooker so I would be able to shred it easily, I added about 2 and 1/2 pounds of shredded beef to the chili. The rest we might have consumed. It was great.
I also used frozen beans from the freezer because I always make a big batch in my slow cooker and freeze the extras. Here’s a great post showing you how to cook dried beans in your slow cooker.
- 2-3 pounds eye of round roast cooked and shredded
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans
- 2 15 ounce can of kidney beans
- 2 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- In a large soup pot, combine the garlic, onion, and spices and saute until the onions are cooked through. Mix in the shredded beef, beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste and mix everything together.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours, or on medium-heat for 1 hour. Serve with your favorite toppings (cheese, sour cream).