One-Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta – Incredibly easy weeknight or weekend meal made in just minutes!
I am all about less fuss in the kitchen, so I can spend more time enjoying food and company from friends and family. We are both usually very busy and do not have a lot of time to dedicate in the kitchen during the week.
Even during the weekend, I love quick and easy meals. Just as long as they taste delicious. All-year-round you can usually find one or two one-pot meals during the week for us. We recently fell in love with this incredibly easy 15-minute one-pot taco pasta and now this one-pot creamy cajun chicken pasta.
One-pot meals are a dream come true because everything is made in one-pot, including the pasta noodles. Keep reading and I will let you on my little secret to perfect al dente noodles in minutes without boiling your noodles or draining the pasta water!
The creamy perfection in this pasta is heavy cream, whole milk, and Parmesan cheese. Of course, a little extra water is added. For the flavor, I used a red onion, red and green bell peppers, garlic, and your typical Cajun spices.
The trick to creating dreamy one-pot pasta is using Barilla® Pronto™ noodles. If you are a young, working professional or student with limited time to prepare your favorite meals, or if you are a busy mom and looking to save time and energy while preparing dinner, then these pasta noodles are perfect for you. You can find them in many different shapes: elbows, rotini, penne, spaghetti, and linguine.
Right now you can save $0.70 on Barilla® Pronto™ at Kroger! #OnePanPronto
- 1 box Barilla Pronto Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium or half of large red onion, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 1" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Add noodles, bell peppers, onion, chicken breasts, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, milk, heavy cream, and water to a large skillet or pot.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is tender and the noodles are al dente. Stir in parmesan cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla®. The opinions and text are all mine.