Today’s post is sponsored by Nikos® Feta cheeses, but my love for full-flavored feta is all my own!
Grilled Potato Skins – The ultimate comfort food! Made with my new favorite Nikos Feta Cheese. Every bite contains a zesty, savory, and slightly tangy flavor!
One of my favorite and ultimate game and comfort foods is potato skins. I cannot seem to get enough of them! Not only are they absolutely delicious, but they are perfect when they are homemade.
You get to control the toppings and you can decide on how cheesy they are. Yum. There are two things I look forward to in a potato skin: the cheese and whether it has enough and the bacon. Yep. A potato skin isn’t complete without crumbled bacon.
Bacon always adds the perfect touch.
You guys are in luck today. Not only is there bacon, but these potato skins are grilled (yummy) and have crumbled feta cheese on top! I am in love with trying Nikos® feta cheese. The flavor is perfect on top of these potato skins and adds a zesty, savory, and slightly tangy flavor. Absolute perfection every time you take a bite.
Go now grab and beer, or a refreshing glass of something, and dig in! I am. Now you are ready to sit down and enter a fabulous giveaway!
Nikos® Feta is hosting a giveaway this June/July! One lucky contestant will win a seven-day, six-night trip to Honolulu, Hawaii, during the 2015 Hawaii Food & Wine Festival (August 29 – September 13, 2015).
Trip package includes:
i. Roundtrip airfare for Grand Prize Winner and Guest from the
airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Honolulu, Hawaii
ii. Standard hotel accommodations for 6 nights/7 days (double room occupancy)
iii. $500 USD in spending money for the Grand Prize Winner (the “Trip Package”).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,500.
To enter, visit www(dot)NikosFeta(dot)com or the “Hawaii Trip” tab on Facebook(dot)com/NikosFeta (desktop only) between June 1 – July 31, 2015, and fill out the entry form. That’s it! Easy, peasy! Full contest information is available in the Official Rules accessible via either site starting June 1st.
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup Nikos Traditional Feta Cheese
- Grilling Directions:
- Wash and dry each potato. Wrap each potato in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Get your grill started depending on the instructions on your specific grill. Once the flavors have gone down, place the potatoes in the grill. Allow them to cook for 30-40 minutes until tender. Remove from grill and allow the potatoes to cool. Once cooled, remove the aluminum foil.
- Cut each potato lengthwise. Scoop the insides out, making sure to leave a little around the edges and bottom.
- Place the potato skins onto the grill and grill until crispy on the edges. Place the potato skins onto a grill-safe sheet. Add shredded cheese and bacon on top. Grill until the cheese has melted. Top with feta cheese.
- Oven Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry each potato. Place potatoes on top of a baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender. Allow the potatoes to cool. Once cooled, cut each lengthwise. Scoop the insides out, making sure to leave a little around the edges and bottom.
- Add shredded cheese and bacon on top. Broil on high until cheese has melted. Top with feta cheese.
Make sure you are following Nikos Feta Cheese on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook!