A delicious creamy pumpkin alfredo recipe that is another fall staple! Comfort food at it’s finest!
I am a huge fan of alfredo, especially chicken alfredo. Are you? I thought I would do a nice twist to it and add in some fall flavors, like pumpkin. Boy am I glad I did. It tastes amazing.
You can add this sauce on top of anything. Like zoodles, with zucchini for an early fall dish, fettuccine noodles or even on top of rice. This summer, I have really enjoyed zoodles with zucchini. They are a great way to get in the extra veggies and are a healthier option.
Speaking of healthier, I started the Whole 30 yesterday. Ekk! I am super excited, but scared at the same time. I will be posting healthier recipes that area Whole 30 approved and regular dishes because the hubby needs some comfort food in his life. I am sure you know how that is! 😉
Having a taste of this really makes me one to make it approved because of how delicious it is. It will be hard because you cannot have dairy and a lot of other things.
Really looking forward to the results at the end of the month and feeling more energized. I really need the last part the most! Have you completed a Whole 30 before? If so, I would love to hear your feedback on it!
Back to this amazing creamy pumpkin alfredo sauce. For the sauce, you will make it like you would normally and add in pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie spice, and a little bit of pumpkin pie spice mix. Speaking of the pumpkin pie spice mix, I am almost out of my homemade version and it’s only the middle of September. Oops!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt, pepper, and pumpkin pie spice
- Using a large skillet, add in the butter and minced or grated garlic. Cook on low-to-medium heat until the butter is melted. Whisk in the heavy cream and pumpkin puree. Cook on medium-heat for 10 minutes. Whisk in the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Serve over noodles or "zoodles" .