This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReinventSweet #CollectiveBias
Butterfinger Muddy Buddies – The perfect treat to make any day of the year! So addicting you will not be able to stop.
With Halloween being right around the corner, I thought this would be a perfect recipe for any Halloween festivities you may have. BUTTERFINGER® Fun-Size is the perfect ingredient to add to your sweet treats, especially muddy buddies.
It’s almost a great recipe to use up any leftover candy. According to my husband, no one has any Halloween candy leftover. That may be true for some. If so, please hide a couple of BUTTERFINGER® Fun-Size to use! You will not be disappointed.
You may also know muddy buddies to be called puppy chow. No, it’s not for dogs by any means. It’s a highly addicting and fun treat for humans of all ages, especially us adults. You know you secretly want to hide any extra candy for yourself. Make it fun and make a batch of this Butterfinger muddy buddies.
If you have ever made muddy buddies before, you know how incredibly easy it is to assemble. It only requires five ingredients and minimal steps. Just remember to have a gallon sized ziplock bags on hand! You should also be able to find chocolate candy melts in your local grocery or craft store.
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- 9 BUTTERFINGER®
- Place the chocolate candy melts, peanut butter, and vanilla extract into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, then stir, and microwave for another 15 seconds or until the candy melts have melted. Stir.
- Pour the rice
chexcereal into a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture into the mixing bowl and mix.
- Place the cereal mixture into a gallon size ziplock bag, add the confectioners sugar and shake until each cereal has been coated.
- Place the mixture onto a large baking sheet, spreading them out, to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped up butterfingers and mix everything together.
- Place the muddy buddies into a large
ziplockbag to store.
Be sure to check out even more delicious recipes on the Butterfinger Pinterest page! I’d love to hear what you are making!