Easy Spicy Italian Sausage Grilled Flatbread Pizza – Crispy and Grilled naan flatbread layered with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, hot Italian sausage, salami, manzanilla olives, mushrooms, and fresh basil! The perfect summer appetizer or main dish!
Who knew my first grilling recipe of the year would have been an easy flatbread pizza? You are missing out if you haven’t tried grilled pizza of any kind before! It adds a different flavor than you can achieve in an oven with a pizza stone or even in a skillet. If we were to compare the taste, it would be similar to brick oven pizza.
I tend to stay away from overly complicated recipes (have you tried my our supreme pizza baked fries!), so I thought an easy flatbread pizza would drive your taste buds crazy. There are so many flavors in this pizza, and it’s one of the best I have ever had. Not trying to toot my own horn or anything. Seriously, the BEST.
If you haven’t made an easy flatbread pizza before you are going to be shocked out how easy it is, trust me. It’s perfect as an appetizer or even as a main dish. The other day the hubby and I split one in half, and I was stuffed. I was a little surprised because I thought I would still be a little hungrier, but nope. It’s filling and tasty.
If you love hot Italian sausage, you just may enjoy our bacon honey bourbon chicken meatballs! The ground chicken is flavored with hot Italian sausage and is totally addicting; I bet you can’t eat just one!
It’s also a great party appetizer to wow your guests. If you decide to serve it as a party appetizer, I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe. It’s easy if you purchase the naan flatbread because two come in a package.
- 2 naan flatbreads
- ¼-1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces capocolla salami
- 2 hot Italian sausage links cooked and diced into ¼" chunks
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced and sauteed
- 3 ounces manzanilla olives
- fresh basil
- fresh parsley
- Using either a charcoal grill, gas grill, or a cast iron grill pan grill the naan flatbread on each side.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the grilled bread.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, add 2 ounces capocolla salami, hot Italian sausage pieces, mushrooms, and manzanilla olives on the top.
- Grill until cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh basil and parsley.
- Slice and into 4 pieces and serve.